Policies and Procedures for Smithers Saltos Gymnastics Club (BVGA)
Registration and Insurance Fees:
INSURANCE FEES: All participants in classes or regular drop-in must be insured before taking part in the program. Insurance is paid to Gymnastics BC (GBC) and is valid from September 1st – August 31st of the following year (1-year insurance). The fee will added to your account at a later date.
ACCOUNT CREDIT: It is our policy to provide people with an account credit and not a cash credit.
THIRD PARTY BILLING: can be arranged, but must be paid before the session. A $30 administration fee will be applied to all Third Party Billing requests taking place after the session start date.
PROGRAM CANCELLATIONS: A $30 administration fee will be applied to ALL program cancellations.
FITNESS CLASS CANCELLATIONS: 12 hours notice via email to email@example.com required for class cancellation. There will be a $5 administration fee applied to all fitness class cancellations. Please do not send cancellation requests through the registration software, via text, phone or messenger. This will allow all Saltos staff members to address waitlists efficiently. All requests sent within 12 hours of the scheduled class will be charged the class fee.
RECREATION CLASS CANCELLATIONS:
Drop In Classes: 24 hours written notice to via email.
Recreational Programs: 2 weeks written notice via email is required.
DROP IN CLASS CANCELLATIONS: 12 hours written notice via email is required firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMPETITIVE & PRE-COMPETITIVE (XCEL) WITHDRAWAL: Withdrawal for pre-competitive, competitive programs require 30 days written notice via email email@example.com
COMPETITIVE MEET FEES CANCELLATIONS: Competitive meet fees must be cancelled before the cancelations deadline for each meet. Any non-refundable portion of fees paid out by the Club will be invoiced to the family. (Most meet hosts offer a partial reimbursement in the case of an illness when a doctor’s note is provided, but policies vary).
BIRTHDAY PARTY CANCELLATIONS: 2 weeks written notice via email to receive an account credit.
NSF Fee: There is a $45.00 fee for all NSF cheques.
We hope you will have a positive experience at our gym. Here are some simple rules to keep the gym safe, clean, and smooth running. (And the coaches happy!)
- Please be on time for your class. It is important to have a proper warm-up before doing any gymnastics skills. This is especially important for preschool-aged children as some are too shy to join in if they are late.
- No food or drinks in the gym area. You may bring a water bottle that is labelled with your child’s name, and leave this in the designated spot.
- Students need to wait for their coach to call them on the gym floor. (No playing on equipment while waiting for class to start).
- Parents, please stay out of the gym area.
- Long hair MUST be tied back into a ponytail for safety reasons.
- No street pants or jeans, please. Wear form-fitting t-shirts and stretchy pants/shorts, or a body suit. Gymnasts should wear bare feet.
- No GUM or candy in the gym, please. It is hard to get off the mats and floors.
- Parents of preschool children: Please ask your child if they need to go to the bathroom before class.
- Parents are responsible for their children immediately after their class is over. Our coaches will be on the floor with their next class. Please pick up your child promptly after the class is done. Our policy is to have the child wait inside the gym until you arrive.
- Please be sure that your child leaves the gym with all of their clothing and belongings. The Lost and Found items will be donated every few weeks.
- Parents, please refrain from having conversations with your children while they are training (unless it is absolutely necessary) as it is disruptive to the other athletes as well as the coaches.
Smithers Saltos Gymnastics Club is a nonprofit organization and relies on fundraising! All competitive and recreational athletes must contribute to the current fundraising programs in place.
The club hosts three major fundraising campaigns: Fall Session, Winter Session and Spring Session. Fundraising campaigns vary and an email will be sent out to each family.
Thank you for your support!
General gym rules:
Do gymnastics safely
Get your coach’s permission before getting on the equipment
Get your coach’s permission before attempting new moves
Walk from place to place
If you leave the class, tell your coach
SAFE SPORT RESOURCES
ABUSE PREVENTION & RESPONSE
Smithers Saltos supports Gymnastics Canada
All employees are required to follow the Code of Conduct and Ethics in Sport.
All employees are required to promote the Club and it’s programs in a positive and professional manner at all times.
All employees of Smithers Saltos Gymnastics Club are required to reimburse the organization for training costs (including travel expenses, course fees, and hourly wages) if the employees leaves the company within one year of completing the training.